Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Blog Post #32

I am both amused and disgusted. We'll leave it at that, I think. Jack has chosen loyalty to Rebus, not Ancram. Seeing as how Rebus has mostly been true to Jack, it makes sense, and I think I approve. Maybe. It's just that John seems to be magnificent at making trouble wherever he goes, and I don't want Jack to suffer because of John's actions. It's a risk he'll have to take, and I'm sure he's well aware of it. Well, at least Johnson and Boswell's "Journey and Tour" helped me to familiarize myself with place names. I think with a course like this, we should somehow raise funds to take a trip to Scotland. Yeah, I know--ha, ha. That kind of mirthless laughing, the one full of sympathy. That's the kind I'd choose. Wishful thinking, but I still think it. Briony the hamster. Nice. I'm very suspicious of her. Good! Rebus is going to 'face the music.' I saw that cliché coming miles away, or more accurately, blogs away. At least he's being good and keeping Jack out of it. Oh no! Enter Trouble. Eeew! What a nasty expression: shit monkeys?! Hit the puke switch and duck. I don't like torture scenes--they always seem to go on forever. That was a close one! Aah. He's finally figured out who Bible John is. I thought that was interesting, how Rankin let us know pretty quick up front who Bible John was. Not in the sense of having his real name, necessarily, but in having an idea of his identity/motives. Interesting ending, too. Of course, it is a series--we must bear that in mind. I liked this book...it kind of makes me want to read more. So I think I'd have to say that my opnion of Rebus has changed somewhat: I grudgingly like him. Ian Rankin's so eccentric. Alcohol researcher, though! Ya think?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment