Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blog Post #30

I don't really think I like John Rebus (as a person) all that much, which is kind of problematic as I have no choice but to follow him everywhere he goes and hear about his experiences as an investigator. He is a very slippery alky indeed, but he can be quite witty at times, so that helps in my book. I did have to admit being a little concerned for him when he was pulled down the hill and hit over the head with the handgun. I wonder what all that was about, who the message was from? I kinda wish he'd just face the music (and Ancram). It lowers my opinion of Rebus, although I know he doesn't feel all that good himself either. So Bible John is trying to frame Rebus? An interesting idea...that would get rid of him nicely while John looks for Johnny. Is it just me, or are there not a lot of Johns in this book?! At least he finally did have to meet with Ancram...the running is over, and now he's going to be tailed by Jack. He got off lucky--for the moment. Also, all of these brief snapshot glimpses into Bible John's mind are creepy. A little like Robert Wringhim, acutally.

No comments:

Post a Comment