Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blog Post #31

haha! Good line: Ancram: "By the way, DCI Grogan called me this morning." Rebus: "It must be love." I've got to remember that one...although I can't think of a situation where it would be useful at the moment. I'm a huge fan of dry humor. Is Girl Guides Scotland's version of Girl Scouts? I'm going to guess: affirmative. I'm starting to get very curious about the Dancing Pigs. I have decided that Jack is much more likable--I'd rather run into him than John anyday. Why do Rebus and Jack have to bond if they're friends? I'm starting to think Rebus doesn't have any friends. Brian should get out while he can! Rankin is really helping me to get the hang of irony, so I think this book is worth reading (even if it is written primarily for entertainment value). I can't believe Rebus actually ran away from Mick like that. I haven't a clue what he could have said, but I feel like maybe he should've tried. I think that this scene where Rebus breaks down and cries is one of his finest moments. Rebus + 8 points. It's not daft, not at all. For talking to Nell, + 19 points. I have my own scoring system, you see. Apparently he can be truly decent at times. No alcohol and no ciggies!! If the story stopped here, I would consider it a happy ending. Really?! They're playing cat and mouse in a toddler assault course? Into the plastic balls...my favorite! And Hank gets a ball in the mouth. Boy it gets better and better...the attendant asks for the ball back!! :p I probably shouldn't be laughing, but the double negatives are so classic! Whenever I read this book, my hands get dirty. It's like newsprint, just rubs off on my fingers. Ah, bummer. Back to boozing and smoking again. Oooh! Abstinence after all. R + 6. I'm actually getting a little fond of him now, "give the garlic here, I'll stamp on it!" Wait--Bible John didn't plan the attack/message on Rebus? Who did??? Well that is an ominous place to stop. Someone's about to get a bruising (or worse). I really wonder who will find who first, Rebus-Bible or Bible-Johnny?

No comments:

Post a Comment