Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blog Post #13

Sir Scott's names never fail to amuse (or at least that has been the case with me). I liked Ebenezer Cruickshanks and Mucklewrath particularly. Those are just not names you hear everyday. Anyways, Edward seems to be getting into a lot of trouble lately and I really wonder what will become of him. Flora doesn't love him, his father has fallen out of favor, and he has been kicked out of the army--although maybe that last one should be considered fortunate seeing as he didn't know what he was doing there in the first place. And to top it all off, it sounds like he's being carted off to prison for shooting a man. So much for the tabula rasa.

I really liked Oliphant's "The Heiress." It's such an "I'll show them!" sort of poem--she's such a refreshing character. So hats off, I say. I would like to hear more about the storyline of "Will Ye No Come Back Again?" I'm a little confused about why Charlie is being prosecuted by the British or if that's really what's going on. I also liked "The Land o' the Leal," especially the reminder that "this warld's cares are vain." And I have to add that I can't read Oliphant's name without thinking of elephants.

No comments:

Post a Comment